F is for “Froot Loops, HAZZAAAA!!”

F_letter
frootloops

F is for Froot Loops, HAZZAAA!!
watercolor on Ampersand Aquabord, 5 x 7″

I realize posing Playmobile characters with cereal is a bit out there but I was desperate for an F, people.

Plus, getting that damn hot pink Froot Loop in his little hand was quite the challenge, going through enough of them to fill MY belly as I had to chew one side and then the other to make it thin enough to fit in his tiny grasp. *EYE GOUGE*. What we do for ART! I love all the colors and the composition of the piece, though!

Until…

Freddie got home and saw what I was working on….

He says, “That’s COOL mom, but you know what would have been COOLER?? If you put the Froot Loops on his sword! That would have been awesome. Skewered cereal. Hazzzaaa!!” And he walks away from me. Where were YOU when I was planning this in the first place, kid?? Oh yeah, outside, playing with your FRIENDS! Dang it.

Skewered on the sword. Now that would have been much easier. Why didn’t I think of that!!??

I blame early onset senility…..

Materials used: Ampersand AquabordDaniel Smith WatercolorsDynasty Black Gold brushes

1. Children are so wise!

2. F is for Freddie too! Perfect match. Awesome art even if the loops aren’t on the sword!

3. I love the Froot Loops idea for F. Although they are primarily a children’s cereal I went through a habit of eating them dry out of the box during my partying years and now can’t eat them without thinking of all the ridiculous things I did when inebriated. Not always something I want to re-live. Great post!

1. omg, that is hilarious, Calli!! haha! I have good stories, too…. those were the days… waking up with crap stuck to you and you don’t know how or where it came from. Including dried cereal… on your face. Hung over. Ah, memories. *sigh*

4. I like the ‘F’ picture. Love the skewered fruit loops idea. Save it for ‘S’ and use it then!

1. An Artist, I found an Artist! Yea! I am not a real artist since I don’t draw or paint everyday, but I do love art (art and books). Artists can find inspiration in everything, like you.

1. Thank you Natalie!! I am the same way, I love to see what everyone else is doing, it is great to gain inspiration from our peers :-). I am glad you liked what you saw here! Hope you come back!! – Jen

1. Thanks!! I am so enjoying this project, especially getting my kids involved!!
      DB, You are the 5th commenter so YOU win a free signed print! Email me at redstreakeart@gmail.com and I will make sure you get your free signed print of this lovely piece of art 🙂 – Jen

5. What a great idea. Maybe you need to run more posts by him first!
    HMG

Heather M. Gardner
    The Waiting is the Hardest Part
    Stormy’s Sidekick
    Blogging from A to Z April Challenge Co-Host

1. That is exactly what I did today, after I picked the boys up from school. So, tomorrows post will be something my kids set up and I shot. Hope everyone gets a kick out of it! – Jen

6. What a treat of a blog complete with with eye-candy artwork! And since Froot loops were my favourite cereal as a child, you had me hooked from the title. Definitely a blog to bookmark!

1. Ah! Thank you Philip! Great to hear! I hope tomorrows post will thrill you as well :-)) – Jen

7. I love this! Not only did my sister and I play with Playmobile when we were kids but my sister loved Froot Loops. I’ll be back!

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption
    Minion, Capt. Alex’s Ninja Minion Army
    The 2014 Blogging from A-Z Challenge

1. Thanks Madeline! Doing these paintings is definitely bringing back memories for me and it also involves my kids in my work, which is great for me :-). I showed them your tortoise pics and they said you are lucky to have them! (they just have fish :-|).