H is for “HUG :`)”

h_letter
hug_etsy

“HUG!”
Watercolor on Aquabord, 5 x 7″
Updated on May 19, 2014

uforugly

I thought I would show you a bit of my process for this post.

I had my kids set up the legos (this time it was Freddie, my 9 year old, who did this one), posing them how they want them. I then take out my trusty iPhone (it actually shoots pretty decent photos) and take a few candid shots of the little dudes doing their thing. In this case, said Alien is looking for a much needed hug from his human compadre… but the human looks quite taken aback at this, or should I say, scared sh**less… Maybe the phrase “Oh My GOSH don’t touch ME you FREAKAZOID” comes to mind or maybe “Gross! Do you smell something? Did you wear deodorant?!” Or maybe “I don’t wanna hug, I am trying to watch THE GAME, Greenish dude, back OFF!!!” Oh, so many play on words could be inserted here by using the expression on his face… (my personal fave, when I asked Maarten, my other child, what he was saying, he said “I am so scared, I pooped my pants!” *sigh*, that’s 9 year old boys for ya.)

I will still offer a print of the painting to the 5th commenter!!

Blogs that rock (in my book!)

http://writerlysam.com/ (my sister’s writing blog!! Go see!)

Lauren Randalls Art

Amy Michele

1. This is my favorite!

2. I’m excited to see this one done up! I’ve really been enjoying your posts

3. Love it! Now I realise what’s missing from my illustrations – models to work from 😀
    Jemima
    #Team Damyanti
    Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April

1. Good models are hard to come by! But these little dudes hold still pretty well ;-)) Thanks for visiting!!

4. Dear Jen:

Oh, now I made the connection! I stopped by your blog yesterday from the A to Z sign up page, leading you to read and comment on my H post (takes me a while, especially in the morning!)

I absolutely love your work. My kids are going to love your work when I show them. They loved the Lego movie. We sing the Awesome song all the time. I just think this is an ingenious theme, and am so glad I found you, esp. now that I know we have so much in common. Thanks!

Fondly,
    Elizabeth

5. This is an amazing theme! We are crazy Lego fans in this house and go around singing “Everything is Awesome” about fifty times a day. I think the guy is saying, “Dude! Did you even wash your hands?” 😉

1. I am sure he probably didn’t ;-))
      We loved the LEGO movie, saw it after I painted the first few paintings. Laughed our butts off! 🙂

6. Very cool to get a glimpse at your process. I love your boys’ input, too funny 🙂

1. Thanks Calli! I have to keep a journal about the funny things they say, the crap that comes from their mouths keeps me laughing daily!

7. It looks like the Green Guy is either about to hug the other guy or eat his face. Either way, kinda scary. 🙂

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption
    Minion, Capt. Alex’s Ninja Minion Army
    The 2014 Blogging from A-Z Challenge

1. Humm, I haven’t thought about him eating his face before but that certainly IS a good scenario!! haha!!

8. Now I want to go over there and play with Lego scenarios! I’ve got some cool Lego Friends props you could borrow *cute mini coffee + little laptop = caffeinated Legos*

Echoes of Olympus