M is for “Macaron Heaven :-)”

M_letter
macarons_legodude
“Macaron Heaven!”

I don’t know about you but… I love macaron cookies! They are so colorful and crunchy, tasty and you can never eat just ONE!

This little guy is pretty much in a sugar coma at this point. He ate his fill and is too stuffed to move. I feel like that sometimes. That’s why I don’t make these bad boys all that often. Once, I was on a macaron baking frenzy where I made tons of them. My kids ate so many macarons that they begged me to STOP as they got sick of them. Can you imagine? SICK of THEM! Insanity. Sacrilege. Even to this day, they like the paintings but if I threaten to make them, they pointedly say “Oh God, no.. mom. Please. No more.”

Kids these days.

Materials used: Ampersand AquabordDaniel Smith WatercolorsDynasty Black Gold brushes

Blogs that rock (in my book!)

http://writerlysam.com/ (my sister’s writing blog!! Go see!)

Lauren Randalls Art

Amy Michele

1. I know he’s supposed to be lying down next to them, but I like to imagine him drifting lazily through space with cookie crumbs dribbling from his mouth hah hah

1. Same here! I tried to get some crumbs on his mustache but it just didn’t look right 😐

2. They would have to be filled with chocolate for me to like them as much as you do! The colors are delicious for the eyes, though! Stopped over from your sister’s site!
    Gail visiting for AtoZ

1. Welcome Gail! Yes, I agree, I love chocolate macarons, too!! Thanks for commenting 🙂

3. I’ve never even heard of these before. What are they like? Do they come in non-chocolate?

1. Actually YES! They come in all flavors, really. Lemon, lime, raspberry, coconut…. you name it!

4. Those look like Moon Pies! It’s a popular thing in the Southeast U.S. They probably taste completely different, but that’s what they remind me of.

Visiting you from the A to Z challenge sign-up page. Great to meet you!

Stephanie Faris, author
    30 Days of No Gossip

Liked by 1 person

1. Moon pies, hamburgers, I have heard all kinds of things that these babies look similar to when kids come into my booth at festivals :-). The colorful ‘hamburgers’ has to be my favorite thing to hear, though. lol
      You have won the free print, btw! If you email me at redstreakeart@gmail.com, send me your mailing addy, I will get you that print as soon as I am able! 🙂

5. Love the colorful cookies. Don’t think l’ve ever had one. Why didn’t you comment on your ‘K’? I think I’m #5. What’s the deal? 😦

1. Hi Marie, sorry for the delay on K but I check comments every few days. Sometimes I don’t get up to 5 comments on posts, so I have to go back later and count. You can email me your mailing address at redstreakeart@gmail.com and I will gladly send you a print of K :-).

6. Love love love this! The colors are amazing and I love the look on the Lego dude’s face.

Liked by 1 person

7. You can go ahead and send those bad boys *the cookies, not the twins* on over to my house!

Echoes of Olympus

8. Must admit I loved the idea of macarons years before I ever had one. In the UK if you wanted some a couple of years ago you had to either go to London or order them from France. Possibly around 2011 they ‘arrived’ in the UK, and I ran to the macaron shop, and either I have had some really badly made ones or they really are not that great.